My Team

My Team

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FINAL REFLECTION

I was surprised by how interesting and fun this class really was. The class was simply organized and actually had me use and learn technologies that will be useful to me in the future. One thing I learned was how to build a website. This was interesting to me because I had always viewed it as a way complex thing. But instead, I found it to be one of the easier things I've learned to do on a computer. Another thing I will take from this class are some of the best ways to create and present a PowerPoint and also how to make a video.

Now that I know how to use these tools, I will definitely use technology in the classroom. The biggest one I will do is to create a website for all my classes. I will include calenders, videos, and other cool apps for my students. I will give it a professional look though for parents. Another tool I am going to use is the video maker. I found it so interesting and awesome that it wasn't too difficult to make. I will use this ability to promote physical education throughout the school year and to colleagues and parents.

Because of this class and these skills I have learned, I have changed my view of teaching more. I have always thought that teaching was already good. But now that I can do more and know how to integrate teaching with technology and improve my teaching, I can make classes more interesting. Another way my view of teaching has changed is that if used properly, technology can enhance the learning experience so much more than teaching without it. My view of technology has definitely changed. I think that technology isn't this big scary beast anymore. Its still complicated i think, but its not a huge obstacle to overcome. I also think tat technology is teaching friendly and anyone can learn some of the basics if I could. All in all, I have really l.earned a lot and feel that using technology in my classes will only make me a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment