My Team

My Team

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crazy week

So this week has been crazy. I had to meet with three different groups to create three lesson plans. It was great to have Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, but I don't feel any more rested or ready. I just feel more behind. It's pretty hard because I feel like one class is trying way too hard to be difficult. It's my math practicum class which is 4 credits, but I feel like we could use class time more effectively so that meeting in our groups to prepare lesson plans could happen more in class and less outside of class. I understand it will be more difficult since it's 4 credits, but I feel like that class is running my life. I'm also in a technology class which is to help encourage me to use technology in math teaching. Problem is though that I feel that the teacher/department is trying to hard to make it more than it needs to be. Right now we're just reading articles and talking about why we need it. I would rather see the class take a turn and let us talk about the why briefly and then show us how technology can enhance the learning of our students. I think showing us how and why is a better approach than reiterating the same idea for 2 weeks straight. It's also hard to stay focused and motivated since this is my last semester of classes. I really just want to be done and student teach. It would be so much easier and more fun. I just  hate jumping through all the hoops that the math department and some of my professors want. It feels like the last 1-2 transfers of the mission. I knew I was going home soon, but I had to stay focused so that I didn't get lazy. This is even harder though. Hopefully I can get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment